Ladakh and Bhutan
The Buddhist Photography Trail
In April 2019 Abhishek Hajela will lead a private group of photographers to India to photograph wild tigers and India's wide variety of native wildlife, as well as to the world famous Taj Mahal and Jaipur in all of its colorful grandeur.
Tigers are highly endangered and India's National Parks provide some of the last remaining places where one can observe these beautiful cats in their natural habitat, often at close range. Sixty-five percent of the world's remaining wild tigers are found in India and this safari offers superb opportunities to see and photograph these big cats. India also teems with a wide array of antelope and deer and boasts fifteen species of primates. In all India has over 400 species of mammals and so this trip will focus not only on seeing and photographing tigers, but also on India's unique and varied wild fauna. The birdlife in India is also abundant.
We have selected the highest level of accommodation for all locations on this trip to ensure comfort, good food, and excellent service throughout. If you are familiar with the Oberoi Hotels brand name, you will know that the name is synonymous with the highest level of comfort and service quality.
India is unlike anywhere else you have visited and nothing you have done before will likely be comparable. If you have ever thought about seeing wild tigers, the Taj Mahal or Jaipur, this trip was designed based on our own experiences to offer an amazing adventure.
Price: On Request
- We will have all-day photographic permits, thus increasing our likelihood of great photographic opportunities.
- The best accommodations throughout the trip with the best service and food quality
- A visit to the Taj Mahal as a post-safari extension to photograph this iconic location.
- Private road transfers and/or air travel between all stops throughout the trip.
- Extra luggage allowances to accommodate the special needs of our photographic equipment.
- This itinerary focuses on up-close and real experiences from the surroundings of premier accommodations.
All Levels Welcome
This safari will be conducive to learning from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone's photographic needs. No question is off limits and no inquire is too basic.
We are BIG on photographing in the field.
Here are some key points to help you decide:
1. We welcome photographers of ALL levels. This safari will be conducive to learning from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone’s photographic needs. No question is off limits, no inquiry too basic.
2. We are BIG on photographing in the field. We will spend most our time and effort on safari / photographic activities and making images.
3. Non-photographer or videographer spouses/travel companions will love these safaris. The wildlife and cultural experiences on this trip will appeal to anyone with a love for animals and adventure. We have specialist guides leading all activities.
April 12, 2019; The Oberoi New Delhi
Today you will arrive at Delhi’s International Airport. You will be warmly welcomed and chauffeured to the newly renovated Oberoi New Delhi Hotel, where we will assist you for a speed check-in.
Our stay is here is on bed & Breakfast basis and dinner will be on your own account as we recognize that everyone will arrive at different times, but usually late in the evening. Dinners are included for the rest of the trip after this evening. If you would like to arrive a day or two early, we can easily arrange for the extra nights at this hotel, as well as day tours of Delhi.
April 13, 2019; Oberoi Amarvilas - Agra
This morning at a time to be advised, you will depart by road for the city of Agra and the Oberoi Amarvilas Hotel (approximately 3.5 hours).
Agra was the seat of the mighty Mughal Empire before it shifted its capital to Delhi and it is home to some of their most inspired architectural creations including the Taj Mahal. In the 16th and 17th century, the Mughal Courts were at their most powerful and were great patron of the arts. Agra attracted artisans, poets and musicians from across India as well as Persia and Central Asia, transforming Agra into a cultural and architectural paradise.
In the afternoon and evening you will visit the Taj Mahal is at its best at sunset - just when the light, playing on the marble of the tomb and the reflections in the stillness of the waters, presents this incredible building in all its splendor. It is a monument of love built by Shah Jehan in 1630 for his Queen Mumtaz Mahal to enshrine her mortal remains. For twenty two years 20,000 men labored day and night to build this masterpiece, which has held the world awe struck ever since. The Taj Mahal is truly one of the wonders of the world. Overnight at the Oberoi Amarvilas.
Ranked amongst the leading resorts in the world, The Oberoi Amarvilas offers the best view of the Taj Mahal in Agra. The hotel is located 600 meters from the Taj Mahal and all rooms, suites, lobby, bar and lounge offer breathtaking views of the monument.
Indulge with your own private view of the greatest monument of love. Wake up to the glorious sight of the Taj Mahal, bathed by the rst rays of dawn. Watch her sparkle by day as the sun shines on her architectural perfection. Allow yourself to be swept away by her romance at dusk.
Built in a style inspired by Moorish and Mughal architecture, the resort is a splendid display of terraced lawns, fountains, reflection pools and pavilions with rich interiors that take you back to an era of Emperors and Princes.
April 14, 2019; Taj Mahal and Train to Ranthambhore
This morning you will visit to the Taj Mahal at Sunrise, just when the light, playing on the marble of the tomb and the reflections in the stillness of the waters, presents this incredible building in all its beauty, majesty and splendor. You will return to the hotel for breakfast.
After a late breakfast we will start our drive to Bharatpur Railway station to board our train to Ranthambore. Upon arrival, you will be assisted at the Railway station and check-in at the hotel.
Ranthambore is situated at the junction of the Aravalli and Vindhya ranges. Since becoming one of the original 11 areas under Project Tiger in 1973, the park has recovered much of its previous natural glory. The blend between nature and history is strong in this park - the fort, temples, tanks and other relics are a constant reminder of man's involvement in the area. The fort commanded a large region and up to the late 13th century was the centre of a Hindu kingdom. During the 18th century the Maharajas of Jaipur protected the area as a hunting area for and and it is thanks to an extension of this protection that the park exists today.
The evening is relaxed to enjoy the facilities at The Oberoi Vanyavilas - Ranthambore
April 15-17, 2019; The Oberoi Vanyavilas - Ranthambore
We will enjoy two game-drives at the park per day, first early before breakfast and second later after lunch on both days.
Ranthambhore has an impressive range of animal species within its 392 square kilometer area, including sambar deer, chital (spotted) deer, nilgai, chinkara, wild boar, sloth bear, hyena, jackal, leopard and the highly endangered Royal Bengal Tiger. The rich birdlife reflects the range of flora on which it feeds. During the winter months, the lakes attract a variety of migrant water birds.
During the mid-day you can relax at the resort or explore the nearby villages.
Ranthambore amazing diversity of birdlife makes this region a “Twitters’ paradise” Ornithologists have been fascinated by the over 350 species of birds that make Ranthambore their home at one time of the year or another. These can be observed and studied around the wildlife resorts. Alternatively guests are driven to birding and nesting sites around the countryside, accompanied by specialist bird guides.
April 18, 2019; Ranthambhore to Jaipur
Today after breakfast at we will start our 4 hrs drive to Jaipur. On Arrival at Jaipur you will be assisted in check-in at our hotel and with the early afternoon and evening is free to relax and walk in the beautiful lawns. In the early evening a walk in the old city of Jaipur will be organized. Overnight at The Oberoi Rajvilas.
April 19, 2019; The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur
Jaipur is an amazing, buzzing, colorful and vibrant city and delight for every traveler. After breakfast we will start our city tour with Amber Fort, which is a classic, romantic Rajasthani Fort Palace, with its rugged, time-ravaged walls and fascinating nooks and corners inside. Visit the enchanting palaces and gardens inside the fort palace to complete your tour.
Post lunch, we will enjoy a tour of the Pink City, an “abode of rajahs”. The highlights of the tour include a visit to the City Palace, the former royal residence built in a blend of the Rajasthani and Mughal styles. A complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways, the Palace also houses a museum with a superb collection of Rajasthani costumes and armoury of Mughals and Rajputs including swords of different shapes and sizes with chiseled handles. The art gallery showcases an excellent collection of miniature paintings, carpets, royal paraphernalia and rare astronomical works in Arabic, Persian, Latin and Sanskrit
April 20, 2019; Jaipur to Delhi
After breakfast, we will start our drive to Delhi. The rest of the afternoon is free to relax, later this evening you will be transferred to the International Airport to board your flight back home. Day room provided at The Oberoi Gurgaon.
Tour Fee Includes
Accommodation on a shared basis.
- 5-star accommodations
- Private meet and assist services at the airport in Delhi and chauffeured transfer to the hotel
- Private vehicles and drivers for all road transfers
- Soft drinks and domestic bottled water during tours
- Porterage at all the hotels and airports in each city
- Entrance and still camera fees at all destinations
- The current tourism levies and all relevant government taxes
- Gratuities for game drive driver/guides in the National Parks
Tour Fee Does not Include
- International airfare and/or other transportation between your home and Delhi, India
- Dinner/drinks in Delhi on the first night in Delhi and last night
- Gratuities for hotel staff
- Champagne, cognacs, premium-brand spirits, fine wines, and cigars
- Laundry cost at hotels and lodges
- Visas, travel insurance, personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc.)
- Optional pre-/post- safari tours and meals or accommodation before or after the tour (we would be happy to arrange any and all additional overnights or extensions)