and Abhishek Hajela
24th - 27th December 2021
This 03 nights, 04 days photographic experience will include locations that are off the grid of the main tourist. This photography tour has been designed to capture the real essence of Kolkata which are its markets, streets, and age-old buildings. It will be an opportunity to further develop a sense of photographic style and the art of storytelling. The main focus will be on people and street photography.
Kolkata, India’s second-biggest city, is a daily festival of human existence, simultaneously noble, cultured while being decidedly futuristic and splendid. By its old name, Calcutta is a 350-year-old metropolis regarded as India’s intellectual, artistic and cultural capital. Although poverty is certainly apparent, the self-made middle class drives the city's core machinery, a nascent hipster culture thrives among its millennial residents and its dapper Bengali gentry frequent grand, old colonial-era clubs.
Dates: December 24th – 27th, 2021
Price: INR 39,900
Pay by Card: https://rzp.io/i/hDXQeIsU0
Contact for Bank Transfer
(FujiFilm X - Photographer, Teacher, Mentor and Author)
(Nikon Professional and National Geographic Traveller Photographer)
*Dinesh and Abhishek are fully vaccinated.
* If Lockdown or any COVID related protocols come into play, all fees will be refunded. If paying through an App, the refund will be minus the processing fee and in case of a bank transfer, it will be refunded minus the bank charges.
Day 01: Dec 24th — Arrival Kolkata
Upon arrival in Kolkata, we will start our drive to our hotel, which is in the heart of the city. After the check-in formalities couple of hours are free to relax before we start exploring the city.
Later today we will start exploring the nearby streets and market followed by a presentation on Travel Photography.
As the former capital of British India, Kolkata retains a feast of colonial-era architecture contrasting starkly with urban slums and dynamic new-town suburbs with their air-conditioned shopping malls. Kolkata is the ideal place to experience the mild yet complex tang of Bengali cuisine, while also enjoying Chinese food with the Tangra twist. Kolkata is a city you ‘feel’ more than simply visit.
O/N Peerless Inn
Day 02 and 03: Dec 25th and 26th — In Kolkata
Morning: 'Life on the Ganges' - photography in various ghats on the river to capture a diverse subjects and activities. The flower market will be the starting point followed by the Kumartuli potters' village (where clay idols of Hindu gods and goddesses are made) and the shoot can finish at Bagbazaar ghat following the downstream of the river.
Thereafter we will take you to South Park Street Cemetery which is located on Mother Teresa Sarani, Kolkata, India. The road used to be called Park Street, and prior to that Burial Ground Road.
After lunch photo shoot of Spices market, fish market and vegetable markets. Later we will take you for a tram ride. Where you will get an excellent photo experience during the tram ride.
O/N Peerless Inn
Day 04: Dec 27th — Kolkata Departure
After an early morning photo walk, we will start our drive airport.
Tour Fee Includes
- Accommodation on a twin sharing basis for 03 nights as per the itinerary in the hotel mentioned.
- Meals: All meals starting from lunch on the 24th till the breakfast of 27th
- Transport services: For arrival-departure transfers, we will use Tempo Traveller; Yellow cabs for moving around the city.
- Services of local English speaking guide during the entire tour
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Activities as listed in the itinerary.
Tour Fee Does not Include
- Travel insurance. Highly recommend taking your own insurance
- Personal expenses such as room service, laundry, drinks.